Great Lakes Academy will be utilizing Canvas Learning Management Platform as its primary online learning tool. It will be the home to all aspects of the curriculum. Students will be able to access their lessons, assignments, quizzes, and virtual meetings.
- Canvas Learning Management Platform creates a custom K-8 learning environment by making sure our teachers and students have the tools they need to be successful. It has solutions for learning management, assessments and two-way communication between teachers and students.
- Canvas supports improving student achievement from the youngest learners to high-school bound 8th graders.
- Canvas provides familiar, consistent learning tools during the entire student experience.
- Canvas is committed to providing the right learning environment at the right time, offering a virtual classroom that grows and adapts.
Inside of the Canvas Learning Management Platform, students will access and engage with the following learning applications:
- Exact Path
- Exact Path combines adaptive diagnostic assessments with individualized learning pathways to promote growth for students K-12 in math, reading, and language arts. Students receive a unique testing experience that precisely pinpoints their instructional level, strengths, and needs. Exact Path tailors learning to each student’s academic goals.
- Spelling City is a K-12 game-based learning site and app that offers 40+ engaging vocabulary, spelling, phonics, and writing activities to build reading comprehension. The program is used by tens of thousands of schools, teachers, parents, and homeschoolers. The school has the premium version, which offers many more features.
Students have access to:
- 40+ Games and Activities
- Vocabulary Activities to Improve Reading Comprehension
- Phonics Activities for Beginning Readers
- Writing Activities to Build Writing Skills
- Review Lists of Missed Words to Improve Problem Areas
- Monitoring of Your Child’s Activities, Progress, and Scores
- Mobile App